Security and Traffic Platforms for Police and Security Administration: evolution and trends
According to data from the European Commission, each year, within the territory made up of the Member States, there are more than 1.3 million home robberies, 1 million illicit acts with reference to drug use and trafficking, and nearly 180,000 sexual offences.
This is just sample of a long list of typified public security events, to which one more typology must be added from the point of view of mobility: traffic accidents. In 2019, there have been 929 thousand accidents, and 413 thousand in 2020 (decrease due to pandemic lockdown), causing 1.2 million and 509 thousand deaths, respectively.
Behind these data there is a dramatic impact on people. Police and security administration are key services in helping each particular case when the incident occurs, as well as in reducing the number of cases, and improving response times to attend to each incident. In summary, police and security services are aimed at guaranteeing effective security and improving the perception of security by the citizen.
Security is a priority for the people, and the main objective of any Police Department is to provide a satisfactory response to this demand. This requires effective response capacities and support resources. In a context of continuous improvement guided by digital transformation, the decision on how to improve the technological platform or what should be the commitment to a specific technological solution requires a detailed analysis based on knowledge and market references .
Consolidating the PMaP platform with new sales operations and securitization of NPLs in credit institutions
Consolidating the Portfolio Management Platform (PMaP) with new sales and securitization operations of NPLs in credit institutions, with a view to Directive (EU) 2021/2167 on administrators and credit buyers
The alveoCCM-generator platform is an ideal tool for companies that need to create complex contracts, with ad hoc clauses following a common standard.
The proposed architecture fits the Azure schemes in advanced data analytics, allowing any data to be combined at any scale, and in turn, provides capabilities for creating machine learning models.
Biometrics and omnichannel become key aspects in dispatch systems for agencies (112), service and resource planning, and traffic accident management with AI, IOT and other support.
After 20 years of continuous collaboration with different Police Forces, the concern about the need of a brand new platform or an upgrade to face technological challenges continues to pivot on the question: custom development or market solution? a question that can be extended to any field but that in the case of the Police, due to its own idiosyncrasy, and in the case of 24×7 critical core systems, represents a first-level strategic decision.
Our experience includes both the definition and development of customized solutions as well as the implementation of our own solutions (and those of third parties). A vision marked by the principle of realism and rational use of technology that must accompany any project definition and execution.
We highlight some aspects to consider when evaluating operational and traffic management solutions, integrating technological capabilities that are now a reality:
- A clear distinction must be made between different Police Departments, regarding particular competences, which collaborate continuously in different areas of responsibility.
- In the specific case of the local metropolitan police, the population (#inhabitants) and territory (km of urban roads) will determine the risk of incidents and traffic accidents, in this sense it is necessary to apply the principle of proportionality in the assessment of tailor-made solutions and very specific market solutions for specific needs.
- The most appropriate solution also depends on the starting point of the technological platform in each police force: what is the cost of licensing and maintaining market solutions, what has been the manufacturer’s response (new versions to overcome technological challenges), or what is the level of risk due to obsolescence and degree of maturity for platforms based on custom development.
- Mobile devices (ruggedized), omnichannel services (digital channels, face-to-face, virtual assistants) and advanced analytics (data management) are today’s realities integrated into packaged systems, but custom developments allow a convenient and flexible approach, leveraging efficiencies due to the specialization of key technology providers.
- The operational singularities of specific law enforcement forces and integration map with third parties (other security departments, justice administration, insurance companies, etc.) are key success factors when choosing the most appropriate solution.
The process of assessment, decision-making and the success of the implementation depend on factors such as the technological strategy adopted, but also on precise knowledge of the reality of each force’s processes and operation models. The point is a clear risk that often surfaces once the project is underway,
Facing this scenario, our Firm provides the convenient balance between the technological vision and the differential knowledge of the areas of security and traffic, with important references in custom development systems.
and proven market solutions such as our accident management software
Our security and traffic platform experts will contact you providing more information
In accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), Better Consultants informs that the personal data contained in this document is transmitted directly to the person responsible for the product or service, and is not stored in files or databases containing personal data.
The information provided will be used for the sole purpose of contacting you only once, and exclusively for the purpose of this request for specific information. Better Consultants will contact you within a maximum of two business days. Once the communication is established, the contact fields shown in the attached form will be deleted.